Hello and welcome. You’ve likely arrived at this page because you have been emailed a document requiring a signature by Moutonco. While you could print out the document, sign it, scan it and then finally email, mail or fax it back to us, there is a better, faster way.
This page will show you how to quickly add your signature to any PDF document, saving it as a standard PDF file that can be read anywhere. You can do this on Windows, Mac, iPad, iPhone, Android.
Please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com if you have any difficulty with the process.
Quick Summary by Platform:
Windows & Mac: Open the Agreement PDF in Adobe Reader and click the “Fill & Sign” button in the right pane.
Mac: Open the Agreement PDF in Preview, click the Toolbox button, then click Sign
iPhone and iPad: Open the Agreement PDF attachment in Mail, then click “Markup and Reply” to sign. Alternatively use Adobe Fill & Sign.
Android: Download Adobe Fill & Sign, open the Agreement PDF, and tap the Signature button.
Windows & Mac: Use Adobe Reader
- To sign the Caring Dads Agreement using Adobe Reader, first open the PDF document in the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC application. Downloading and using this software is free.
- Click the “Fill & Sign” button in the right pane.
- Click the “Sign” button on the toolbar and select “Add Signature” to add your signature to Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
- You can create a signature in one of three ways. By default, Adobe Reader selects “Type” so you could type your name and have it converted to a signature. This won’t look like your real signature, so it isn’t ideal. Do not use this method for signing Caring Dads Agreements.
- Instead, you’ll want to select “Draw” and then draw your signature using your mouse or a touch screen. Don't worry if the signature doesn't look as perfect as it might if you'd used a pen and paper, it is still legally binding. You can also select “Image” if you’d like to sign a piece of paper, scan it with a scanner, and then add your written signature to Adobe Reader. (Yes, this requires scanning, but you only have to do this once, after which you can use that signature on any documents you electronically sign in the future.)
- After creating a signature, click “Apply” to apply it to the document. Leave “Save Signature” checked and you can quickly add this signature in the future.
- Position your signature where you want it with your mouse and click to apply it. If you chose to save your signature, you’ll find it easily accessible in the “Sign” menu in the future.
- Remember that you will also need to add other information to the document like the date and your name. You can use the other buttons on the Fill & Sign toolbar to do so.
- To save your signed PDF document, click File > Save and select a location for the file.
Mac: Use Preview
- The Preview application included with macOS has integrated document-signing features. Thanks to the excellent trackpads built into MacBooks, you can actually draw your signature on the trackpad with one of your fingers to enter it into Preview. On a newer MacBook with a “Force Touch” trackpad, this is even pressure sensitive, allowing for even more accurate signatures.
- You could also just sign a piece of paper and “scan” it with your webcam, if you prefer creating your signature the old-fashioned way (or if you have an iMac with no trackpad).
- To sign a document, open the PDF document in Preview (this should be the default app that opens when you double-click on a PDF file, unless you’ve changed it). Click the toolbox-shaped “Show Markup Toolbar” button, and then click the “Sign” button on the toolbar that appears.
- You’ll be prompted to either create a signature by dragging your finger over the trackpad, or by signing a piece of paper and scanning it with your webcam. Capture your signature once and Preview will remember it for the future.
- Once you’ve captured a signature, you can select it in the menu that appears after you click the “Sign” button. Your signature is applied as an image that can be dragged around and resized to fit the document.
- The other options on the toolbar allow you to type text on the document, allowing you to fill in the name and date parts of the Agreement.
- When you’re done, click File > Save to save the PDF, applying your signature to the file.
iPhone and iPad: Use Mail or Adobe Fill & Sign
- On an iPhone or iPad, you can sign the Caring Dads Agreement using the markup feature in the iOS Mail app. If you have a Mac and use Preview to sign documents, your signature will actually synchronize from your Mac to your iPhone or iPad so you don’t have to create it a second time.
- This feature is convenient, but it only works if you want to sign documents in the Mail app. If you use a different email app, like Gmail or Outlook, you'll need a third-party signing app - please scroll to the next section on how to use Adobe Fill & Sign for a step-by-step walkthrough of the process.
- If however, you use the Mail app, this is how to sign the Agreement and email it right back: Once you have received the email from Caring Dads with the Agreement PDF file attached, tap the PDF attachment, and click the toolbox-shaped “Markup and Reply” icon at the bottom right corner of the screen while viewing the PDF.
- You’ll then be able to add a signature by tapping the signature button at the bottom right corner of your screen. You can also type text on the document for the name and date fields.
- When you tap “Done”, the Mail app will automatically create a reply to the email with your signed document attached. You can type an email message and then send the signed document.
- In the case that you do not use the Apple Mail app on iOS, we recommend Adobe’s Adobe Fill & Sign app, which allows you to sign an unlimited number of documents for free. You can sign a document by writing on your touch screen with a finger or stylus, and you will be able to type text into PDF documents to fill them in.
- To get a PDF document from your mail app (perhaps Gmail or Outlook or similar) into Adobe Fill & Sign, find the PDF file in your mail app, tap the “Share” button, and choose the Adobe Fill & Sign app.
- You can then tap the signature button to easily sign the document.
- When you’re done, tap the “Share” button within Adobe Fill & Sign to send the signed document to another app for emailing back to Caring Dads.
Android: Use Adobe Fill & Sign
- Android doesn’t come with a built-in app that can do this. Instead, you’ll need to use a third-party app. Just like on the iPhone and iPad, we recommend Adobe Fill & Sign, which allows you to sign an unlimited number of documents a month for free. You can sign a document by writing on your touch screen with a finger or stylus, and you will be able to type text into PDF documents to fill them in.
- After installing the app, you can open PDF documents in the app and tap the signature button to sign them. You can then share the signed document with another app by tapping the “Share” button.
Contracts which are signed electronically, are legally binding for in almost every country in the world. We ensure that our electronically signed contracts comply with the requirements of the following, non-exhaustive list of applicable laws:
- Australia - Electronic Transactions Act 1999
- Canada - Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, SC 2000, c5
- The European Union - Electronic Identification and Authentication Services Regulation (910/2014/EC), commonly referred to as eIDAS
- Hong Kong - Electronic Transactions Ordinance
- Japan - Law Concerning Electronic Signatures and Certification Services (unofficial translation)
- South Africa - Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, 2002 (Act No. 25)
- Thailand - Electronic Transactions Act B.E. 2544 (2001) (ETA)
- United States - Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (ESIGN) and Uniform Electronic Transactions Act (UETA)
In addition please be aware of the following clause within Moutonco Agreements:
Electronic Signatures. The parties agree that the electronic signature of a party to this Agreement shall be as valid as an original signature of such party and shall be effective to bind such party to this Agreement. The parties agree that any electronically signed document (including this Agreement) shall be deemed (i) to be "written" or "in writing," (ii) to have been signed and (iii) to constitute a record established and maintained in the ordinary course of business and an original written record when printed from electronic files. Such paper copies or "printouts," if introduced as evidence in any judicial, arbitral, mediation or administrative proceeding, will be admissible as between the parties to the same extent and under the same conditions as other original business records created and maintained in documentary form. Neither party shall contest the admissibility of true and accurate copies of electronically signed documents on the basis of the best evidence rule or as not satisfying the business records exception to the hearsay rule.